How To Evolve Beyond The Classroom, Everyday
Over the last 15-20 years, the classroom experience has surely shifted. What learning in a classroom was back in the 80’s and 90’s, is now just a distant memory. There was once a time when you learned primarily while sitting in a room, listening to a lecture, and using assigned reading in paper textbooks. Now, in modern learning environments, the information and skill attainment model has changed, thanks to the advancement in technology, and is now leaving learners overwhelmed.
While technology is not going anywhere, here are some ways to ensure you keep your pace in this information age we live in.
1. Keep an open mind
– So it might seem overwhelming at first, but keeping an open and clear mind keeps the frustrations out of sight, making you understand more clearly.
2. Focus on specific tasks
– Having razor sharp focus is what gets you from point a to point b.
3. Take notes
– Taking notes is a surefire way to remember and develop a framework to work with. Moreover, making lists and to-do’s
4. Research what is unknown
– When in doubt, look it up!
5. Meditate for calmness
– Sometimes clarity comes from calming the mind. Meditation works wonders with this.
6. Take learning retreats
– And sometimes, you just need a different place in time.